Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BK (Baby Kearns Update)

I had a doctors appointment yesterday and we scheduled the C-section for 12/4 but of course my blood pressure is now even higher than it was 3 weeks ago. She put me on Labetalol to try and reduce my blood pressure. I tried it today and it made me tingly all over but predominantly on the top of my head. It went away by the afternoon so I'm hopeful it won't be as bad tomorrow as my body adjusts to it. She will see me again in 2 weeks and I have my fingers crossed that the medicine will do its job and I will be back in action. She has told me no more bending, stretching, or lifting so that means poor Josh is now pulling most of the load around the house. I am frantically creating lesson plans just in case I get put on bed rest. My students have been really sweet, volunteering to do my walking for me. We will see how long that lasts.
My big fear now isn't that my water will break in class, (however, that would still be unfortunate for all involved) but that BK will be born too early or his growth will stop. We were so lucky with Jacob that although he was very small, he was also very healthy. I hope BK will follow in his brother's footsteps and will be strong too.
I have discovered a new treat to enjoy while on my low sodium diet. SKITTLES! Thank you Jill Perkins for reminding me of all of the wonderful qualities Skittles have. Low sodium, high amounts of vit. C and the ever important health benefit of the smile they put on my face as I enjoy a handful.

1 comment:

Mason's Daddy said...

Skittles are a great medication. Remember how many I ate while in the hospital. In my opinion they are a great pharmacutical. BK while be just fine and I cant wait to meet him